Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Honor Thy Parents- Back Talk Game






If you love me you will keep my commandments. John 14:15

One of the ways you show that you love God is to obey your parents and honor them with respect.

What is the fourth commandment? Honor thy father and thy mother. (Catholic)


This game is free, however it is only to be used for classroom and personal use. It may not be published on any websites or other electronic media, or distributed in newsletters, bulletins, or any other form or sold for profit. Reproduction or retransmission of any materials, in whole or in part, in any manner, is not permitted.



8 pages of cards


Back Talk Game- The object of this game is for the children to honor their parent’s requests in the proper way. Print out the three sets of cards. One set is what a parent would say to their child (these cards are in red). Another set is a disrespectful response from a child to the parent. Another set of cards is what the child should say to their parent. Shuffle the cards and deal them completely out. Have the players put their cards face up in from of them so that others can see and read their cards and help them if necessary. By taking turns, have one player start with what a parent would say and read it out loud. After they have read the card, they place it in the middle of the table face up. The rest of the players then check their cards to see if they have one that says what a disrespectful child would say to their parent in response in this situation. If they have the card, they read it out loud and place it face up next to the first card. Then the players look at their cards to see if they have what a child should say to their parent. If they have the card, they read it out loud and place it face up next to the second card. Players can also play in teams so they can help each other answer the questions.



13 comments:

Unknown said...

Although I'm now an orphan, I will be honoring my mom on Thanksgiving by making sure a prayer is said before digging in. I'm still like a little kid...always trying to please mom. :)

Amazing_Grace said...

Debbie-
I think we all try to honor our parents no matter what. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much. These cards were really helpful (and fun) for my Catechism class. Much appreciated!

Amazing_Grace said...

Anonymous- You're welcome! I am so glad the game was helpful and fun for your Catechism class. :)

Mercy Alarid said...

Excellent idea! I am using it today in our Summer BIble Club - just our kids and their friends. It should be awesome!

Amazing_Grace said...

Thanks, Mercy Alarid! I am so glad that you like it. Please let us know what your students thought about the game. :)

Unknown said...

Hello, I wonder what age group you found to enjoy this game. I wonder if it would be too complex for second graders. I am planning a first reconciliation retreat and need some formational games.

Amazing_Grace said...

Andrew- It's hard to say. Are they good readers?

Unknown said...

Hi !

Thank you so much for this game ! it was helpful for my grade 7 islamic studies class :)

sindy said...

Thanks a lot! I can't wait to try it with my 5th-6th graders!

Amazing_Grace said...

sindy- Please let us know how the game goes with your students. I hope they learn about honoring your parents and they enjoy the game. :)

Unknown said...

loved it !!

Amazing_Grace said...

I am so glad you liked it! :)